What is the Virtual Graduate School Showcase (VGSS)?
The VGSS is hosted by GT Pre-Graduate & Pre-Professional Advising and the Office of Graduate Education. The event focuses on traditional academic graduate programs (master’s and doctorate) as well as deferred MBA programs. Professional schools such as law, medical, etc. are not included. Graduate programs based in professional schools are welcome.
What is the purpose of the Showcase?
The Virtual Graduate School Showcase (VGSS) hosted by Georgia Tech is an annual event and an opportunity to:
- Get connected with prospective students from Georgia Tech and around the world.
- Invite your current prospects to attend and connect virtually.
How much does the VGSS cost and what does the fee include?
All Georgia Tech programs participate for free and can participate in one or both sessions.
- Meet Georgia Tech from 9:00am – 12:00pm ET
- Chat with Recruiters from 1:00pm – 3:00pm ET
All non-Georgia Tech programs pay $55 for two hours and only participate in one session.
- Chat with Recruiters from 1:00pm – 3:00pm ET
There is no limit on the number of recruiters from the same program that can participate under one registration for the same program. Different programs from the same school must each have their own registration unless you register as one school. You can represent multiple programs in your session but will need to register as the larger unit and not list each program separately.
For example: The GT Burdell School of Engineering has three programs and wants to highlight them all in one session. Register as the GT Burdell School of Engineering only. You can have each program take a part in your larger session. You will only pay one registration fee for the larger School of Engineering and have register under one contact person. There would only be one collective session on the day of the Showcase.
Each program registers for its own info session. For example, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering would each register separately even though they are all part of the School of Engineering. Each program would pay a registration fee and have separate contacts for each programs. They would each have separate sessions on the day of the Showcase.
What type of programs can participate?
Traditional master’s and doctoral programs as well as deferred MBA programs from anywhere in the world can participate.
The Showcase is not for professional programs such as medicine, law, etc.
Graduate programs based in professional schools are welcome.
What is the Showcase schedule?
- When: Friday, October 20, 2023
All events are Eastern Time and live/in real time.
9:00am – 11:00am Eastern Time: GRADConnect: Connect with current Georgia Tech graduate students to learn about their experiences at Tech and in Atlanta; open to all prospective students and recruiters
10:00am – 12:00pm Eastern Time: Meet Georgia Tech: Georgia Tech programs only; open to all prospective students
12:00pm – 1:00pm Eastern Time: event break for recruiters and prospective students; no recruitment sessions
1:00pm – 3:00pm Eastern Time: Chat with Recruiters: Prospective students can meet with all participating recruiters from non-Georgia Tech programs as well as any Georgia Tech programs that have chosen to participate in the Chat with Recruiters session.
8:30am – 3:00pm Eastern Time: Help Desk – available to all recruiters and attendees – access to event help as well as advisors who can offer information about financial aid, fellowships, applying to grad school in general and Georgia Tech specifically, being an international or First Gen student applying to and in grad school, etc.
Various times: Information sessions about applying to graduate school, etc. Go to the Info Sessions page for times and topics.
What platform do we have to use to participate?
You can have panel sessions, live streams, webinars, lab tours, etc. All events must be live. No recordings can be posted in place of actual recruiters or other event hosts (students, faculty, etc.)
Will I will be in a virtual conference space?
No. Each program will set up their own links and session structure. Links are posted on the event website in the appropriate section(s) of the event (Meet Georgia Tech and/or Chat with Recruiters). Multiple recruitment sessions will happen at the same time, and attendees will use the individual program links provided by recruiters to access their programs of interest.
You may organize your recruitment time in any way that works best for your program. Examples include panel sessions with students and faculty, virtual tours, or simple conversations. You can decide!
Prospective students can come and go as they like so repeating a shorter session in your block of time may also be beneficial to your recruiting efforts.
The VGSS is a live event so a recruiter needs to be present during the event. No pre-made recordings or links to websites in place of an actual human that can answer questions, etc.
Is the event live?
The Showcase is a live event/in real time. We will not post any asynrchronous promotional materials in place of an actual person being available to talk with prospective students.
How do i register my program?
- Recruiter link: https://gradshowcase.oue.gatech.edu/recruiter-registration-info-page/
- Registration Period: July 31 – September 12
- Georgia Tech programs participate for free but must register for each session they want to participate in (Meet Georgia Tech and/or Chat with Recruiters)
- Non-Georgia Tech program recruiters pay $55 for the two hour block from 1:00pm – 3:00pm ET (Chat with Recruiters) with no limit on the number of recruiters from one program.
- Only one registration is required per session. If separate program listings and meeting links are desired, you must register separately. For example, if you represent an Economics program and a colleague represents a separate International Affairs program, you each need to register. However, if you represent a combined program called Economics & International Affairs and want to bring a colleague, you only need one registration.
- If you represent an entire office such as “Graduate Education” or “College of Engineering,” you only need one registration and can have multiple recruiters from different programs in the same session. If you want to have each program have their own session with their own meeting links, you will need to have each recruiter from each program register.
- All program recruiters can use their virtual platform of choice.
- Please take into consideration the participant capacity of your virtual meeting spaces. We will provide information at a later date about effective practices for setting up virtual meetings.
- All events must be live/in real time. A recruiter is expected to be present for the event time(s) you register for.
- Before you can register, you will be asked to create a username and password. All recruiters must create a new account for the 2023 event. Creating an account will give you the ability to update your registration. The link to directly log in will be provided in an end of survey message and an email confirmation after you register as well as in the website FAQs.
- Georgia Tech program recruiters are not able to use their Georgia Tech credentials to login. The registration system is separate from the Georgia Tech single sign-on (SSO) system.
HOW do i pay after i register?
Georgia Tech programs are not required to submit payment but must register for each session they wish to participate in. Georgia Tech programs may register for the Meet Georgia Tech and/or the Chat with Recruiters session. No payment submission is required.
Non-Georgia Tech programs must submit $55 to complete the registration process for the Chat with Recruiters session. Registration is not complete until payment has been received. See below for payment information. Your login credentials to register will not work in our payment system, but you do not need to create an account in the payment system. You can make a payment as a guest.
Registration deadline: September 12, 2023
Payment deadline: September 12, 2023
Forms of payment: credit card or check
Georgia Tech Employer Taxpayer ID: 58-6002023
Georgia Tech W-9 form: https://procurement.gatech.edu/payables/forms
Your registration is not complete without receipt of payment.
To submit credit card payment:
To submit payment by check:
- Check payable to: Georgia Tech Pre-Graduate & Pre-Professional Advising
- Put 2023 Virtual Graduate School Showcase in ”for” section of check.
- Email email@example.com to let us know the check is on its way!
- Do not mail a check to any other office, person, or address at Georgia Tech. Use only the mailing information provided below.
RE: Virtual Graduate School Showcase
Georgia Tech Pre-Graduate & Pre-Professional Advising
Bill Moore Student Success Center
219 Uncle Heinie Way
Atlanta, GA 30332-4020
How can I change my registration information?
All recruiters registering for the 2023 Showcase must create a new account because we have a new registration system.
The details related only to your program will be posted on the event website directly from your registration entries. We do not check that meeting links, websites, etc. are correct and valid but will let you know once your information is posted on the Showcase site. If you realize you need to make a change, you will be able to do this through the account you created to register. We will also request by email that you verify your program details one last time before we close the system leading up to the event.
Direct changes to registration entries can be made until October 4. We will request verification of your details between October 5 – 12. After that time, change requests will need to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To log into your existing account, go to https://www.vgss-registration.oue.gatech.edu/recruiter-login/
Click here for a video tutorial on how to change your registration information.
why do I register so far in advance?
To garner as much interest as possible from prospective students, having the actual list of recruiters who will be participating finalized and all website content up-to-date as much as possible are key.
We’ll be sending you reminders and other communications across the summer and into the fall.
You will also receive Excel spreadsheets of prospective students who have registered which you can filter and then send direct communications to those on the lists that are interested in your programs.
Will I get a list of prospective students who have registered so I can contact them directly before the event?
Can I invite prospective students I already know about to register for the Showcase?
Absolutely! The event is free to any prospective student anywhere in the world so feel free to let prospects know about our event. We will even send you marketing assets to use on your websites and to invite undergrads from your own university as well as prospective students from databases you already have.