Recruiter Registration FAQs
The Georgia Tech VGSS is hosted by GT Pre-Graduate & Pre-Professional Advising and the Office of Graduate Education. The event focuses on traditional academic graduate programs (master’s and doctorate). Professional schools such as law, medical, etc. are not included. Graduate programs based in professional schools are welcome.
Our inaugural 2021 Showcase event had 1250+ registrants from across the world and 81 programs from the U.S. and beyond.List of 2021 recruiters (https://b.gatech.edu/3wxPLdg)
- Provide recruiters a chance to recruit Georgia Tech students
- Provide Georgia Tech students the chance to learn more about Georgia Tech and non-Georgia Tech graduate programs
- Provide non-Georgia Tech students the chance to learn more about Georgia Tech and non-Georgia Tech graduate programs
$45 for two hours with no limit on number of recruiters from the same program; only one recruiter per program needs to register Georgia Tech programs do not pay a registration fee for any session and can participate in both session listed below. Non-Georgia Tech recruiters will participate only in the Chat with Recruiters session.
- Meet Georgia Tech from 9:00am – 12:00pm
- Chat with Recruiters from 1:00pm – 3:00pm
Traditional master’s and doctoral programs from anywhere in the world can participate. The Showcase is not for professional programs such as medicine, law, etc. Graduate programs based in professional schools are welcome.
- When: Friday, October 21, 2022
- Website: https://gradshowcase.oue.gatech.edu
9:00am – 12:00pm ET: Meet Georgia Tech will include a variety of opportunities for participants to learn about specific graduate programs at Georgia Tech ONLY.
12:00pm – 1:00pm ET: Georgia Tech Grad Student Q&A will be a chance for attendees to talk to current Georgia Tech grad students.
1:00pm – 3:00pm ET: Chat with Recruiters gives all attendees time to talk to recruiters from across the country as well as any Georgia Tech programs that chose to participate.
All day: Ask an Advisor & Help Desk gives recruiters and attendees access to help with the event as well as advisors who can offer information about financial aid, graduate school in general, etc.
No. Each program will set up their own links and session structure. Links are posted on the event website in the appropriate section(s) of the event (Meet Georgia Tech and/or Chat with Recruiters). Multiple recruitment sessions will happen at the same time, and attendees will use the individual program links to access their programs of interest.
You may organize your recruitment time in any way that works best for your program. Examples include panel sessions with students and faculty, virtual tours, or simple conversations. You can decide!
Attendees can come and go as they like so repeating a shorter session in your block of time may also be beneficial to your recruiting efforts.The VGSS is a live event so a recruiter needs to be present during the event.
The Showcase is a live event/in real time. We will not post any asynrchronous promotional materials in place of an actual person being available to talk with attendees.
- Recruiter Registration: https://b.gatech.edu/37RZ4uh
- Registration Deadline: May 27, 2022
- Payment Deadline: June 10, 2022 (payment details included in the registration confirmation end of survey message and follow-up email)
- All Georgia Tech programs that want to participate must register.
- Only one recruiter from each program needs to register.
- We will follow up after the registration deadline regarding your event details.
- Recruiter registration: https://b.gatech.edu/37RZ4uh
- Registration deadline: May 27, 2022
- Payment Deadline: June 10, 2022
- Payment information will appear in the survey termination message as well as a confirmation email. Georgia Tech uses Marketplace for payments.
To garner as much interest as possible from students and alumni, having the actual list of recruiters who will be participating finalized, all payments (not for GT), and all website content updated are key. We will begin advertising the event to students and alumni in August 2022.
We’ll be sending you reminders and other communications across the summer and into the fall.
Yes! By finalizing recruiter registration before student registration begins, we will be able to send all registered recruiters multiple updates about prospective students who have registered. This will enable your program to market directly to those who have registered. Students will start to register in September 2022.
Absolutely! The event is free to anyone, anywhere in the world so feel free to let prospects know that October 21 is another chance to ask questions and to get to know your program more.